Hey!

My name is Lucas Araya. I am 36 years old and I am an English tutor.

I studied English and linguistics at the University of  Chile and now I am currently working at this university and other institutions.

After I graduated from highschool in 1999, I moved to Australia and lived there for six months. I didn't speak English at the time but I had to learn so I could survive. I used to watch cartoons and and sitcoms like Seinfeld and Friends. Also, I talked to people at shops and bars. That's how I learned to speak English. I also worked as a cleaner at a second-hand shop where they let me take one record (vinyl) once a week. That's how I started my record collection.

I came back to Chile and I started to study English at the University. I met my best friends while I was studying. 

Once I finished my studies I started to work as an English instructor. I have been doing this for ten years and every year I have the chance of meeting new and interesting students.

I love music. I really enjoy listening to music and playing music with my friends.

I also love cooking, trying new kinds of food, riding my bike and spending time with my four dogs.



I hope we can have a good time in class and learn a lot.

Cheers!


Lucas.

Comentarios

  1. Wow! I imagine that living in Australia must been really cool. And I am very interested to know more about you record collection and know what kind of bands do you have there!

    Cheers!

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Australia was great. I still have some great memories.

      My record collection has a lot of classic rock (sabbath, zeppelin, purple), Beatles, punk, grunge and desert rock. Also a big deal of 70's rock from Argentina and Chilean bands. That's what I can remember :)

      Cheers!

      Eliminar
  2. Learning while watching Friends must been really funny, I do the same. Any kangaroo memories while you were in Australia?
    Cheers!

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Well, yes. Kangaroos used to hop and jump by the highways while I was on a bus to class. That made me smile every morning :)


      I learned while watching Friends and Seinfeld in the evening and cartoons in the morning XD

      Cheers!

      Eliminar
  3. i would love the experience of traveling to another country to learn new lenguages and new cultures. That would be very awesome!

    cheers!

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. It is actually super cool and fun. You learn about yourself aldo when you travel (even a couple of miles aways from Santiago can give you a new point of view).

      Cheers!

      Eliminar
  4. I really admire you becouse of yourn four dogs. I feel so worried with one but its my happiness. I was born in the year that you graduated of your highschool and You look more younger!
    Should be so funy travel to other country and more travel to Australia!

    Cheers!!

    ResponderEliminar
  5. Hi Lucas! It's incredible how you had learned english and your travel to Australia

    ResponderEliminar

Publicar un comentario